What is Material Testing?
Material testing is the measuring of the characteristics, composition, and behaviour of a variety of materials used in a construction project under different conditions, such as aggregates, soils, rocks, and concrete.
Using high-performance materials testing machines, our experienced team take a sample of the required material and take it back to our UKAS accredited laboratory (our accreditation is limited to those activities described on our UKAS 2788 schedule of accreditation) to perform a series of standardised tests. We then produce a breakdown of the findings in a detailed but easy-to-understand report which is available for you to download online, anywhere and anytime.
Benefits of Material Testing
The correct testing of materials by licensed professionals is a regulatory requirement for most large-scale construction projects. There are many benefits of undertaking material testing, including helping you to:
- Check the suitability of materials for various uses
- Identify possible areas of concern
- Meet quality and legal requirements
- Keep your project safe and compliant
- Reduce risk of financial penalties in the future
- Deliver projects in budget and on time