GSTL Ltd offers a comprehensive range of geotechnical services across the UK and internationally. We have the resources and experience to deliver the range of testing and reporting required to make informed project decisions. Working with GSTL laboratory testing services ensures you avoid geotechnical project failures.
Why GSTL Laboratory Rock Testing?
The GSTL laboratory is fully equipped to perform fast, high-quality rock testing and reporting to help you:
- Inform your project’s design phase through vital test data
- Select the most suitable materials for project qualities and performance
- Comply with regulatory and quality standards
- Meet schedule objectives and make informed project decisions through reporting
- Modify plans using test results to account for future problems
- Stay on time and within your project budget
Benefits of Rock Testing
- Avoids geotechnical failures
- Ensures compliance with compulsory regulations
- Ensures quality controls standards are met
Types of Rock Tests
Our UKAS accredited laboratory offers a range of rock tests for construction, civil engineering, government. As well as, domestic projects, the most commonly requested including:
- Water content
- Uniaxial Compressive Strength (UCS) Test
- Pointload Strength Index Test
- Cerchar Abrasiveness
- Shore’s Scleroscope
We also work with a small number of professional laboratories that provide us with additional services, including:
- Thin section analysis
- X-Ray diffraction
- Clay mineralogy
- Petrographic analysis of rock
- Microprobe analysis
- Hoek Shear Box Test
- Young's Modulus and Poisson's Ratio
Our modern laboratory and highly-skilled technicians can provide you with accurate results. Providing timely reports that meet your specific project requirements.
Get in touch today to learn more about our laboratory’s world-class rock testing services.